The doctors at Spectrum Health Medical Group and in our OB/Gyn practice are always encouraging our patients to be physically active. These are just some of the many worthwhile reasons to work exercise – whether it’s dancing, swimming or jumping rope – into your daily or weekly routine.
Exploring Rudimentary Elements For Health Life
Mary helps ESL students with academic writing at PaperFellows by providing coursework assistance. In her spare time, she loves surfing and expressing her creative side through painting. Don’t overwork and take breaks and surround yourself with people who support you. Stress is not good as it harms the body and can cause a myriad of problems, from heart trouble to digestive problems. Exercise, meditation, doing what you love, appropriate boundaries, spirituality, being in nature and enjoyable hobbies helps to alleviate the harmful effects of stress on the body.
Realistic Healthcare Advice – The Basics
- Here are a few benefits of regular physical activity that demonstrate the importance of physical fitness.
- Regular exercise and physical activity increase muscle strength, bone density, flexibility, and stability.
- For example, stronger muscles and better balance mean that you’re less likely to slip and fall, and stronger bones mean fatigued definition that your less likely to suffer bone injuries should you take a tumble.
- Understanding the benefits of physical fitness and knowing how active you should be can help you maintain good health and improve your overall quality of life.
- Physical fitness can reduce your risk for and resilience to accidental injuries, especially as you get older.
If you need words of encouragement and accountability without a workout buddy, turn to your social media profiles and post about your progress. If your goal is to start playing a sport, run a marathon or get stronger, keep that goal in mind when you need a motivation boost. Reminding yourself that you’re working towards something that’s meaningful and important to you will help push you through the rough patches. If something comes up that interrupts one of your pre-planned workouts don’t just skip it, reschedule it. Mary Walton is an editor at Academized, where she offers thesis help for PhD students.
At that point, she had dropped one pant size, her belly fat started to decrease, and she no longer had leg cramps. More importantly, Cathy’s blood pressure improved, her cholesterol decreased, and her blood sugar made it to the normal range. She took my advice and started taking walks whenever she had even a little free time—at lunch, after work , and after dinner.
Cathy began doing sit-ups and push-ups in the morning before her shower, and stretching every night before bed. During her annual visit, I mentioned the Presidential Fitness Test (adultfitnesstest.org) as a way to find a general measure of how she compared to other women her same age. She looked it up, saw what she was up against, and created a goal to help her on her journey to better health. While rushing from one room to another in my office one day, and I came around a corner too quickly. I almost ran into a woman I didn’t know, so I excused myself.